Monday, April 9, 2012

Mr. Robin's lesson

THWACK!

That's the sound of a robin hitting the glass door of my bedroom. It's a sound that I'm starting to associate with time to wake up.

I'm not sure why the robin hits the door. At first I thought it was confused by the glass, but I quickly changed my mind. The robin will hit the door bounce back and hit it again. And it keeps going. It will hit the door five or six times, take a little break and return for more. This continues all morning.

Most of the time, I want to tell Mr. Robin (how I refer to him) that he better cut it out. It's annoying and I'm worried that he's going to get some sort of brain damage. Bird brains are small enough as it is. 

But I'm also starting to understand him. I feel a bit like I'm trying to get to the other side of the semester. I'm so close but can't quite make it. At least not yet. There's four weeks left and all the final projects still need to be completed. 

I'm focusing on each day as it arrives and taking my cues from Mr. Robin on what not to do. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a robin but I do have a four-footed, white-furred,doggie-girl who scratches three times at my bedroom door each morning around 7. "Get up and do your meditation so I can cuddle next to you for 20 minutes," she insists. It's a call I can't ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scene makes me smile. Valentina has a special way of getting what she wants and being endearing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete