Sunday, December 30, 2012

Past and future

With less than 48 hours left in 2012, I'm thinking back on all that has happened this year.

I committed myself to blogging regularly. This will be my 45th post.

I wanted to do more creative writing. I started a writing group in the spring and we continued to meet throughout the fall semester.

I hoped to work more with my hands. I knit six pairs of socks and participated in a weaving class where I made a table runner.

I wanted to publish some of my writing from fall semester. The St. Louis Beacon picked up an investigative story I wrote and asked for a followup.

Of course there have been less successful moments, but I am content.

In the coming year, I want to become a typewriter aficionado. (My mother gave me a vintage Smith Corona for Christmas.) And I hope to find a place that will be home for a while.

Best wishes for 2013 to all those who follow my blog as well as those who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment