Monday, March 11, 2013

As I leave sunny California

My good friend Kevin and I are traveling (actually waiting in the airport) to return to Missouri after a whirlwind trip to visit my brother Anthony in San Francisco.

In the San Francisco airport
I had a wonderful time exploring the city, eating pastries, shopping and drinking—all in the company of two my handsome companions.

As I leave, I feel certain that this trip was exactly what I needed and also that I am not meant to move to San Francisco after graduation. Anthony is not in a position to move into the city right now; he lives in Palo Alto, which is an hour commute to city's center. I don't want to move to a new city alone, and there are more work opportunities for me in New York than on the West Coast.

I leave California with happy memories and a clearer idea of where I want go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm imagining you back to MO safe and sound and accompanied by one of those handsome fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vividly and accurately imagined. Back in your neck of the woods and back to work.

    ReplyDelete