Monday, February 6, 2012

Missouri confuses me

At least the weather does.

This semester, Mondays are catch-up-and-get-ahead days. I don't have classes, so I work from home at a leisurely pace and get ready for the week. 

I was hoping for nice weather so that I could spend part of the day outside and  was promised 60 degrees and sunshine. Instead, I woke up to freezing fog.

Disappointed but undaunted, I dressed warmly and took Leo for our usual 50-minute walk around Stephen's Lake. We didn't see anyone at the park and the gray skies and frosted trees were gloomy. 

I returned home, made a pot of tea and crawled into bed to tend to my emails.

This afternoon, I'll walk downtown to mail a package and pick up Claire's car from the auto-repair shop. I'm happy to report that the sun is now shining. 

Stay tuned for more blog posts. I'm going to try to make it a Monday habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment