Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Adirondacks and Bread Loaf

This is going to be a brief post because I left my MacBook charger at my uncle's house in Essex. He called to inform me of this as my ferry disembarked that would take me across Lake Champlain from New York to Vermont. The charger is en route to Bread Loaf as I write (via US Postal Service) and should arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm trying to use my laptop sparingly.

So here I am, in Vermont and back at Bread Loaf. I'm happy to see friends and familiar faces and to have the structure of attending classes and serving meals (I have a job as a waitress in the dinning hall). It's been a rainy first 24 hours, but perfect weather for building a roaring fire in the 5-foot wide fireplace. Classes start tomorrow.

I feel ready to get to work partly because I had a week in the Adirondacks visiting my dear Uncle Louis and Aunt Jani and spending time with old friends. It's always a fun and very beautiful place to be.

In the interest of brevity, here are two highlights from the week.

With Maddie, Jani and Louis in Essex.

With my friend Christine at the Keene farmer's market.



No comments:

Post a Comment