Wednesday, June 20, 2012

NYC and Anthony

OK, I lied in my last blog post. My work has not yet started. I actually have almost an entire week before I need to be in Vermont. As I left Iowa, I was anticipating the exhaustion of traveling but seemed to forget that I like traveling and I love New York City.

At 22 years old, I often felt that, while I loved New York, I would never make it there. My brother Anthony spent many of his college vacations visiting me. We would trudge around trying to find cheap things to do. He joined me for a brief reunion to recreate our typical excursion.

Five years later, we both felt like we could take on NYC by the balls. (See the picture below.)
Random tourist taking his turn.
Anthony and I relived one of our marathon walks.
We started at the bottom of the island.
And stopped by my very first apartment.
And C Town where we bought staples —
beans, rice, eggs and sometimes Oreos.
And then Central Park...
we covered a lot of ground.

2 comments:

  1. How delightful to see the apples of my eye in the Big Apple! Continued happy trails to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do ... just got back from a bike ride to Dogwood Bakery with Louis.

    ReplyDelete