Monday, October 22, 2012

Meeting the hare

Last week I wrote about tortoise-speed without realizing that this week would be all about the hare—well, actually more accurately the Dancing Rabbit.

My search for a deeper understanding of off-the-grid living led me, Claire and Leo to Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage this past weekend. While I hope to synthesize my thoughts about the experience as I work on my manuscript in the coming weeks, I can say that Claire and I agreed that the place is amazing.

The growing 60-member community is designed in the fashion of a European village. Everyone lives in close proximity to each other and agricultural activities are done on the periphery. The set up and the close social ties reminded us of our childhood in Sudstadt, Austria.

There's more to say, but for now I've got to focus my energy on pulling together my thesis proposal which is due before the end of the week and will dictate my work for the remainder of my time at the University of Missouri.

More soon.

2 comments:

  1. Emmie,

    Editorial note: 2nd paragraph, 1st line - change lead to led.

    Papa and I are seriously planning to meet this dancing rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the copy editing. Claire just called me and we hope to meet you there soon.

    ReplyDelete