Sunday, October 7, 2012

Off the grid

I've spent several weekends with the off-the-grid community of Maya Creek working alongside them, eating meals and hanging out. This was my final weekend stay. As I drove back to my on-the-grid life Sunday afternoon, I felt incredible gratitude to the residents who have opened up their lives to me. I have learned a tremendous amount and hope to publish something very soon. For now, I'll offer a few pictures of the place.

The outdoor kitchen
Last of the tomatoes
Wild persimmons in the garden
Bed of alpaca wool used to create the right
mushroom growing climate
The 'duplex' that I helped plaster
And Kita (I'm a sucker for dogs)




1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to further peeks at the Mayan Creekers. Off the grid is offully intriguing.

    ReplyDelete