Monday, March 12, 2012

Grateful for spring

When I woke up this morning, spring had arrived. Just like that. The birds sang. The sun shone. The balmy air smelled damp.

Yesterday, it rained all day, which was irritating but helpful. The semester has picked up. (It's week nine of 16.) So, I used the dreariness as a deterrent from getting out of bed. I spent most of the day curled up under the blankets doing homework. In the early evening, I did pull on my rain pants, boots and coat and took Leo out for a soggy walk. Despite my gear, my face and neck got soaked and poor Leo slunk behind me.

And this morning the world looked different. The grass looked brighter. I took Leo through the neighborhoods, so we could look at blooming flowers. (Well, I looked at them and Leo appreciated them in his way. Let's just say that he saw fit to mark the prettiest ones.)

Another busy week has started, but it all seems more manageable with the promise of sun.

I took my sandals out of storage!

2 comments:

  1. Sun, spring flowers, sandals. My old lady baby-toes need some pedicuring before I cast off my boots and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. Spring should arrive in Iowa soon enough. Splurge on a pedicure so your ready to kick off your boots.

    ReplyDelete